Software Development Manager
Who are we?
It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. We, the Transportation Technology division, build the complex software solutions that are needed to work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. That said, this is a multi-billion-dollar business, and our technical journey has only started. We are looking to build brand new systems that use our vast collection of data to optimize the delivery algorithms – and make a big impact on Amazon's business costs. If you find this space interesting, read on…
The Transportation Technology team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive software manager. As the development manager, you will have end-to-end technical ownership of these products. Responsibilities include direct management of engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- Our diversity is measured by the diverse perspectives of our employees and influenced by gender and culture. It is paramount to our ability to meet the needs of our customers.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- · 7+ years professional experience in software development including design and implementation
- · 2+ years of people leadership experience
- · Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python
- · Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master's degree or relevant work experience.
- Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
- Strong skills and experience with programming, design, architecture with familiarity/experience with AWS.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top