Software Development Manager
- New York, NY
How would you like to have the opportunity to be part of a newly launched AWS service, GlobalAccelerator? We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to be part of this world class team.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running a highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and have deep experience defining new technical products from ambiguous requirements. The leader coming in will have to be technically deep, and capable of quickly coming up to speed on the technologies we work with here, and be able to coach engineers as we work through some of the most challenging problems at AWS.
As part of this team you will:
• Manage delivery of a complex software projects spanning networking, infrastructure, and chaos engineering.
• Own defining, scoping and launching a highly impactful new services.
• Make critical design decisions with your team having an impact across AWS
• Coach software engineers of all levels
• Manage project and drive large cross functional deliverables
Successful candidates will have experience managing engineers working on distributed systems, networking and/or kernel development. You must have outstanding analytical and communication skills. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
• 3+ years of software development management experience, preferably working on highly available software systems
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Master's degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
• Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross functional teams
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, networking and internet routing
• Experience building and operating complex and large software systems at scale that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top