Software Development Manager
The Delivery Experience team is looking for an Innovative, Results Oriented and Passionate Software Development Manager to improve the customer experience across our high traffic Amazon websites, worldwide. In this position you will be responsible for building the next generation Delivery Experiences to millions of Amazon customers. You will be working on various technologies and innovating in the space to build highly scalable and low latency software to present accurate and consistent delivery information to our customers.
You work backwards from our customers and build software that is used by various delivery experience features on Amazon. You are highly technical and ready to take on the scale and latency challenges globally at Amazon.
You should come work with us because
- You will be impacting Millions of Amazon customers world wide.
- You will define strategy and roadmap for the team.
- You will work closely with the engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- You will participate in hiring, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class product development team.
- You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
- We care about both delighting customers and high quality software. We don't sacrifice one for the other.
- We offer a fast-paced environment with a startup atmosphere. We ship code every day.
- 3+ years experience in direct people management of software engineers
- Strong software design skills. Experienced with architecting highly scalable and low latency systems.
- A strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
- Passion for driving great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a bias towards simplification
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience in working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top