Software Development Manager
- Puteaux, France
Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented leader to own software systems, products, and tools. Our solutions enable users to obsess over customers and make proactive, data-driven recommendations and plans that position AWS as a strategic business partner in addition to a world-class cloud computing provider.
We are looking for an individual that thrives by creating high-bar engineering cultures, giving customers business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable, and using the intersection of software and data to give their customers "superpowers."
In this role, you will:
• Engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology, pioneering new methods and approaches to delivering software, serving customers, and enabling large, distributed, worldwide sales teams.
• Design systems and solutions that enable business users to operate more effectively, intelligently, and efficiently
• Manage a team of engineers and work closely with technical product/program managers to define, build, drive and measure mechanisms to enable our field sales teams.
• Work directly with product teams and business leaders identify opportunities to improve WWRO's products, tools, data, analytics, and reporting offerings
• Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong engineering, data storage/modeling, visualization, and front-end background, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and "so what" rather than just superficial trends. Someone who is capable of learning as well as teaching and mentoring others across the org at all levels and disciplines.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well- balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• 3+ years experience leading Software Development teams or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
• Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
• Experience leading large-scale engineering projects, including using AWS technologies.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Age/ Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top