Software Development Manager
- New York, NY
Come be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) Demand Forecasting organization creates scalable systems that predict customer demand for every product offering anywhere in the world. These predictions drive automated decisions about what inventory to buy and where to put it, all in an effort to ensure that Amazon's customers can buy the things they want as quickly as possible.
You will be responsible for leading a team of talented software developers in the design and development of systems that improve delivery of the forecast to our customers. You will define the vision and technical roadmap, while satisfying scalability, reliability and performance goals. You will own and drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will participate in the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex cross-functional team, working closely with product managers, scientists, and other development teams, while actively participating in recruitment of candidates for technical positions and mentoring junior technical staff.
Successful candidates will have an established track record of delivery of complex software systems, excellent people and project management skills, keen technical aptitude, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience building and operating highly scalable, high availability services
• Experience working with Agile methodologies
• Experience in Statistics and development of machine learning models
• The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and operator. She/He should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
• She/He needs to demonstrate technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• She/He needs to be constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
Back to top