Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Infrastructure Planning group is responsible for planning and coordinating a complex, multi-tier supply chain that's delivers capacity for all AWS services. This includes data center setup, equipment purchase, installation and operation of servers with power and cooling, inventory management and other such decisions.
We're building a new suite of tools to automate all AWS supply chain planning, with a broad charter that involves inventory optimization, placement, vendor allocation, transition management, lead time predictions, and more. We are responsible for ensuring that the AWS cloud remains elastic for its customers by taking care of all of the back-end complexity, enabling our infrastructure to stay ahead of our rapid growth.
We are looking for an excellent Software Development Manager who wants to solve some of the most challenging and interesting problems out there. If you want to stretch yourself with a high leverage, high impact role, this is it. The services that we own are responsible for billions of dollars in spend, resulting in us having a huge opportunity to move the needle in a positive direction. The team has an excellent group of senior engineering, science, and product management talent, so it will be a great place for someone to deliver results, while also learning and progressing their career.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or Technology field
• 3+ years experience with Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases
• 3+ years professional experience in software development management
• 5+ years professional experience in software development management
• Experience in supply chain planning domain
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top