Software Development Manager
At Amazon's Alexa Shopping (also known as VANS), we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo, Fire TV or any Alexa powered device. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced leaders to design and develop a platform for creating and enabling shopping through Alexa powered devices. You will bring the newer capabilities Alexa devices are exposing (like camera sensor) to Amazon's shopping world and pave the way to create unique experiences that weren't possible in the past. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
What you will work on: You will lead a team of talented and experienced engineers that will build and operate massively scalable services to power delightful hands free shopping experiences for Echo, Fire TV and other Alexa powered devices. You will be working closely with multiple product managers and engineering leaders from partner teams in Amazon Retail, Alexa Platform, Speech Recognition and a Research Sciences team.
What we are looking for: We are looking for a talented Software Development Manager with a strong technical background and solid people management skills to manage and develop a highly-talented and experienced engineering team. As the leader, you will work closely with multiple engineering and business teams to continuously identify opportunities to enable and accelerate the execution of impactful business initiatives. As we are a rapidly expanding our small teams, you will also be required to have solid hiring and new hire development skills. Strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- 5+ years of software development experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java or C++ or related technologies
- Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science
- A history of working in startups and fast paced environments
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top