Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed desktop computing service in the cloud. Amazon WorkSpaces allows customers to easily provision cloud-based desktops that allow end-users to access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android tablets, and zero clients. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality cloud desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions.
We are looking for a seasoned Software Development Manager, ideally with a decade or more of software development experience. A successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of outstanding engineers and developers, make multi-year architectural decisions and lead R&D efforts to drive critical growth areas for the product.
You will lead a team of engineers to drive design, architecture, and vision for their services while having a worldwide impact. The opportunity to make an impact in this role is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate! If this sounds like the opportunity you've been working towards and would like to deliver, please contact us today.
Software Development Managers at Amazon are expected to quickly understand organizational and product goals while being able to map them to project deliverables. They must be able to divide tasks across a team and manage team execution. They are fully responsible for the day to day operations of the team and held to a high standard on the quality of product produced and the quality of ongoing support and maintenance provided to our customers. They must build effective teams, organizational structure and hire and develop the best talent to execute on their vision.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
. 7+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of people management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent)
• Master Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 10+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of people management experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record of delivery
• Experience managing multiple concurrent programs, projects and development teams in an Agile environment
• Experience designing and building customer facing products
• Experience building large scale distributed systems
. Experience with Deployment and Management software like System Center or AWS Systems Manager
• Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, drive solution design across organizational boundaries, manage multiple software development efforts, establish rigorous testing standards and success metrics.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.