Software Development Manager
Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager (SDM) for its Inbound Predictions and Analytics team, which manages several systems that predict arrival times for inbound shipments for Amazon. The predictions are critical to the automatic buying ecosystem in SCOT and deliver a huge impact to our business.
As an SDM in SCOT, you will manage some of the brightest software engineers in the industry. You will lead them to work with research scientists and product managers to solve highly complex supply chain challenges. You will also lead the team to define the architecture, build and deploy the software across the globe. SCOT is a unique opportunity to both create and see the direct impact of your work on billions of dollars' worth of inventory in one of the world's most advanced supply chains, and at massive scale.
You should have years of experience managing software engineers and projects, and comfortable diving deep into technical architectures and requirements. Prior experience building stable, scalable, solutions is required. Prior experience with data mining, databases, or massively parallel systems is a plus. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology.
- A Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 4 years of experience managing software engineers.
- Built and delivered distributed systems or web services that solve complex business problems.
- Led a team of software engineers through a full system/product development life-cycle.
- Skilled at requirements gathering, spec writing, design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Well versed in industry standard technologies.
- Proficient with an object-oriented programming language such as Java and C++.
- Successfully mentoring and growing software engineers.
- A Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 6 years of experience managing software engineers.
- Experienced with distributed computation frameworks such as Elastic Map Reduce and Spark.
- Experienced with machine-learning and building systems that use machine-learning to solve complex business problems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top