Software Development Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Amazon Global enables international customers to buy products on Amazon and ship to over 77 countries with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to provide a compelling experience for customers anywhere in the world to buy products from Amazon. We are expanding the selection of products eligible to ship internationally, adding international destinations, introducing cheaper and faster shipping options, and improving the online buying experience for international customers. The technologies that support this program include machine learning systems that identify products eligible to ship to international destinations and compute import duties, services that enable the online buying and checkout experience, and systems to manage the fulfillment process.
We are looking for experienced hands-on Software Development Engineer solve complex problems and come up with innovative technology solutions.
As a SDM, you will lead and work with a talented team to innovate and deliver business and software solutions. Your ability to define and develop high scalable and high performance web services is essential. You will have opportunities to work on both frontend (Website) and backend (Services) and interact with business stakeholders directly. In addition, successful candidates will be able to lead by example, balance development responsibilities while participating in cross team efforts including architecture planning.
Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered and distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with proven record of delivery
• 3+ years of experience with managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes & knowledge of full software development life cycle best practices
• Experience with the software development lifecycle
• Experience with people management and mentoring
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Solid software development background with strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top