Selling on Amazon is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. Since third-party sellers joined Amazon in 1999, they've grown to account for 58% of Amazon sales and are growing at 52% a year (compared to 25% for first-party sales by Amazon). Third-party sellers reported $1.5 billion in sales during Prime Day 2018. The Selling Partner Services team drives this multi-billion dollar business and develops solutions that enable millions of Selling Partners around the world to sell in Amazon Stores with access to 300 million engaged customers in more than 180 countries. The team is focused on building new features and services to help Selling Partners grow with Amazon.
As a Manager here, you will head your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business events. You will interface with several teams including FBA, AGS, AGL, B2B, Brand Builder, Paid Services, Amazon Payments, Amazon India, and more. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the problems and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day duties:
Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
Provide thought guidance and establish technical vision for the team
Mentor and grow super star SDEs to take on increasingly higher duties
This is a role suitable for someone who wants to influence across organizations, work on high profile, high impact initiatives that impact Amazon's bottom line.
• 5+ years hands-on software development experience with proven track record of delivering results
• 3+ years software team management experience
• BS in Computer Science, a strong background in data structures, algorithms
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and head engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Proficiency with the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages and familiarity with emerging open-source technologies
• Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills: technical, project, and personnel
• Exceptional skill in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Management
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.