Software Development Manager
- Santa Clara, CA
Are you excited to work on building platform solutions that enable hundreds of Amazon development teams to automatically create, deploy and manage their services by minimising the time to market and improving the security, availability and efficiency of the services?
HEX is a program that automates the creation and management of basic hardware and software infrastructure required for running Amazon internal services. Our engineers help provide a highly available platform to host thousands of services that operate at the core of Amazon's business, at Internet scale. We enable Amazon's internal developers minimise time-to-market by allowing them to simply launch their application code as a service. Even with 2600+ tenants serving over 450 billion requests per week, we are still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where every member of the team can have significant technical and business impact. In this role you will be responsible for tackling core software engineering problems viz. distributed computing, resource usage efficiency, tenant isolation, fault tolerance and will use AWS cloud technologies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in software systems support
• Good working knowledge of Linux and operating systems fundamentals.
• Working knowledge with Java technologies.
• Experience with NoSQL databases is plus.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
• Great problem solving and Linux based system troubleshooting.
• Basic understanding of computer networks and relevant terminology.
• Competent in at least one scripting language e.g. Python, Perl or Shell.
• Familiarity with distributed (multi-tiered) systems.
• Be highly flexible and self-directed.
• Excellent team player.
• Experience in communicating with customers and other technical teams.
• Experience in automating manual processes and/or internal tools.
• Ability to own and maintain product in a complex production environment.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Back to top