Software Development Manager
- Hyderabad, India
The Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) organization focuses on creating a trustworthy shopping experience for customers around the world, eliminating the financial motivations for bad actors, protecting brands and ensuring Amazon is a trusted place to launch and grow every brand, building trust, loyalty and providing world-class support for Amazon's selling partners. Our global team consists of software engineers, research scientists, product and program managers, investigators and others. The team wakes up each day driven to ensure our customers and selling partners are confident in the Amazon shopping experience.
You'll be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support merchants around the world selling on Amazon. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class ecommerce websites. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about half of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. As part of leading a team of engineers, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on challenges that can reshape the e-commerce industry.
We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software. We move at a fast pace and deliver software iteratively using AGILE best practices and the latest technologies.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and technical program managers. Must be able to make the right design decisions related to product features and technology choices.
• Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative)
• Experienced in developing the long-term strategy for the settlement platforms and translate that into an achievable roadmap
• Experienced in building and managing teams that design and deliver scalable and extensible distributed systems to address complex business challenges.
• Understands how to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
• Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of systems.
• Experience with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
• Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams
• Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++
• 5-10 years of experience in Software Development Engineer and 4-5 years as a Software Development Manager
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
• Experience with distributed systems/service-oriented architecture
• Experience with relational databases and NoSQL data stores
Back to top