Software Development Manager
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to build a new business from the ground up? We're a V1 startup that leverages interactive streaming video to create new shopping experiences for customers. This is a strategic initiative for the company with strong buy-in from top management. Our group offers a creative and fast-paced work environment where you'll invent, build, and launch scalable solutions that directly impact Amazon customers.
We are looking for a seasoned technical leader to manage an outstanding team of software engineers. You and your team will have three significant areas of ownership: launching the new product on mobile devices, building an innovative content creator experience and transforming our video capturing and distribution strategy . This is a unique opportunity to learn about live streaming video and advertising through the lens of a new business. You'll partner closely with Twitch, Mobile Shopping, Fire TV, Kindle, and Retail Tech teams. In addition, you'll collaborate with all members of our agile team, including product management, marketing, UX design, and content production. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, is passionate about metrics, and is experienced in mobile development.
- Deliver innovative mobile experiences for our new product (on mobile app, web, and Fire TV)
- Deliver a robust content creator video capturing and distribution experience
- Hire and retain engineering talent
- Develop the long-term strategy for your areas of ownership
- Execute on product roadmaps and project plans
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Proven experience in project management of complex deliverables with limited resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android, and Fire TV)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: not afraid to invent and try new things, take calculated risks
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top