Interested in developing next generation contact experience? The AWS Kumo team is looking for software development managers with experience in building real-time, scalable, distributed systems. We leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers and systems . In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for experienced managers to help design, build, and launch teams to build and manage these platforms. If you are intrigued, please keep reading. Do you:
• Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
• Want to learn how machine learning and predictive analytics shape tomorrows AI Ops?
• Possess ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
• Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
• Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale?
• Want to mentor and shape the careers of some of the best enginers?
If yes, then we might have a role for you. We are small, customer-focussed teams of passionate software engineers that are looking to delight our customers by building amazing software while working hard, having fun, and making history.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience and 3-5 years of experience managing team of more than 6 engineers
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C#, C++, Java, or Ruby
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including software architecture, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Experience of Agile, Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
• Proven track record leading and building high-performance teams working on complex, distributed environment
• Experience of frontend development or mobile application development
• Experience of Internet of Things development
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us