Are you looking for an opportunity to create a new, global product from scratch? AWS is seeking innovative, passionate, results-oriented leader to own software systems, products, and tools to build an exciting new global product. This is a confidential strategic initiative for AWS.
We are looking for an experienced and missionary engineering leader that thrives by creating high-bar engineering cultures. You will be a member of a leadership team on a game changing AWS offering that intersects highly scalable real-time software, front-end technologies, innovative user experience, machine learning, and data analytics.
As a member of the leadership team owning software development and service operations, you will be responsible for all aspects of the group's success, including developing/realizing our roadmap, developing the careers of our engineers, ensuring high-quality software that exceeds customer expectations, and maintaining operational excellence for the systems and service that you will own. To build on your superlative technical strength, we expect our leaders and engineers to interact with customers, to understand our business goals and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
The ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud computing represents, and is passionate about delivering high quality services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift swiftly. Our newest leader will bring proven experience building, leading, managing, and mentoring engineering teams. Experience with using, and especially operating web-based infrastructure services is a plus.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 10+ years professional experience in system software development and delivery
• 5+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills, preferably on Linux
• Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Proven track record iteratively delivering high quality software on time
• Demonstrated passion for leadership, management and mentoring
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Experience developing full stack SaaS applications and data science and machine learning offerings
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience developing workflow management applications with sophisticated user experiences
• Experience with analytics, data sciences offerings
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Experience developing a product vision
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.//