Software Development Engingeer
- Illescas, Spain
The video entertainment industry is at an exciting crossroads. Billions have been invested, market-leaders are emerging, and cutting-edge digital video services are delivering award-winning original programming. There's never been a better time play a major role in this disruptive revolution.
Prime Video launched as a global service in 240+ countries in Dec'16, and has incrementally added localized experiences for our global customers in French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and German.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering world-class digital media experiences to our customers. Successful candidates for this position will be self-starters with strong problem solving skills who love getting things done. Strong communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems that emerge from driving a large business at Amazon are also a must.
As a norm, Amazon SDE's have industry-leading technical abilities. They recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations. They write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++. They solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. They build flexible systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. They understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them; recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems. They understand how operating systems work, perform and scale.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of software development experience, including Java and/or C++.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Back to top