Amazon Business team is seeking an SDET who wants to disrupt the way businesses institutions purchase their supplies. Our team is focused on building solutions to enable business customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer base. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back end services. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic SDET who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
SDETs build automated frameworks, tools, tests and infrastructure to help drive software quality. SDETs work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. SDET also work with QAEs to understand and the test automation needs of the team and build the necessary infrastructure. SDETs should also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• Five or more years of SDET experience
• Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases
• Ability to write code (Java, Perl, python) for automated web testing tools, services, and frameworks
• Ability to write code to packages tests into regression test suites
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
• Effectively Communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
• Strong knowledge of Agile or Scrum development methodologies
• Ability to perform and track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
• Capable of digging into the business needs and translating them into test plans and processes