Software Development Engineer, Retail Systems, Amazon Bangalore
As a member of Amazon's Global Retail Systems Development team, you'll play a key role in the evolution of our Competitive Monitoring team to solve the world's most complex technical challenges in Big data, Machine Learning and Insights systems, Web applications, Data mining, Large scale analytics, Security, and Algorithms to name a few.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer science and advance information retrieval techniques to solve real world problems of competitive data analysis? Does the challenge of building real time, highly scalable solutions with Big data technology for the most complex online business using innovative technology excite you?
To meet these challenges, the Amazon.com Retail Systems team is looking for passionate, talented and innovative software engineers for a new team that will be based in Bangalore focused on strengthening and inventing to build business insights, real time processing and machine learning technologies to learn competitive data to aid in shopping decisions. This team will also coordinate with teams in Chennai, India and Seattle, US.
You are expected to solve complex problems at massive scale. You will build Interfaces that embrace the best practices of Usability, Accessibility, security and performance. You will build systems with robust , and produce APIs that are intuitive.
Come be part of this growing, dynamic and challenging space!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or the equivalent)
• two or more years of relevant work experience in software development
• Excellent coding skills in any one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Java Script
• Proficiency with Hadoop , EMR, HDFS
• Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
• Experience creating scalable and reactive web applications with modern frameworks such as Play, Scala JS, AngularJS, React JS.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
• Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O is a Plus
• Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale web services
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, and a track record of delivery.
• Solid coding practices including unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods.
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven skills, excellent communication skills.
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems or web services
• Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems
• Experience delivering projects as part of an agile software development team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills