Software Development Engineer-II
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on Amazon Go, Amazon Books and Amazon 4-Star, which are Amazon's first set of brick & mortar retail stores.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout - you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and machine learning. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
Amazon Books is our effort to bring 20+ years of experience selling books online to brick & mortar bookstores. Our goal is to combine the best of online book shopping (frictionless checkout, Prime benefits) with the offline experience of browsing, exploring, and discovering great books in a physical bookstore. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that Amazon customers love, and we have purposefully curated our book selection for each store to inspire all types of readers. We have launched Amazon Books in Seattle, San Diego, and Portland, with additional locations in development. For more information, see: amazon.com/amazonbooks.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging problems that need creative solutions. You should be comfortable building prototypes, challenging assumptions, and thinking of creative ways to tackle challenges.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 2 years of relevant work experience)
• Proficient in at least one of: Java, C# or other statically compiled language
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (Java,Python C++)
• Have prior experience on building and maintaining highly scalable services
• At least 2 years' experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• 2+ years of experience of designing large scale systems
• Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods
• Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up
• Prior experience of Warehouse management system
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Evidence of working with existing systems; curious and able to learn new codebases
• Able to deliver results in a cross-functional team, making high-quality contributions to other systems and libraries
• Experience creating extensible, well-abstracted designs and driving consensus with other engineers
Back to top