Software Development Engineer-II
- Palo Alto, CA
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Devices such as Amazon Show, Spot, Echo, Dot or Tap. Our Services allow customers to shop, no matter where they are or what they are doing.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to improve our platform, and build new and innovative features to better support the needs of customers. You will be part of developing exceptional back-end and front-end experiences that delight all our customers. You will work closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers, and UX designers to identify and deliver solutions that simplify the shopping experience for all customers. You may create prototypes to demonstrate to others the feasibility of solutions and get them to production level code. You will bring your experience to drive team best practices and operational excellence of the services owned by your team.
You will partner with other Amazon and third-party services and device teams as required. An ability to collaborate to design and deliver integrated systems across teams is a must.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. We know that you care how we use information about you and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please visit the Disability Accommodations page.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science or 4+ years of professional experience in software development.
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, scalability, and operations.
• Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems.
Back to top