Software Development Engineer-Alexa Home Automation
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon Alexa is the voice-controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on all IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives in delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- 3+ years of experience in using Java
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top