Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("Cloud Computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations Customer Relationship Management (WWRO CRM) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented Software Development Engineer to be developing solutions that make it simpler for our field team to manage, maintain and operate at scale. We will provide products and solutions that help give our talented selling and marketing teams "superpowers" that let them focus on the customer and helping them drive their business. We're handling massive scale, providing strategic data that drives the AWS business internally, and supporting one of the largest field sales organizations in the world.
As a Software Development Engineer in the WWRO CRM team, you'll have a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of our services and innovate in the space of Customer Relationship Management (CRM). You'll be chartered with creating and operating services that collect and store metrics at internet scale, deliver critical capabilities to the field and embed operational knowledge and encode best practices into everything we do. In addition, as part of the broader AWS Sales and Marketing organization, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the broader cloud strategy for AWS and potentially future AWS products.
In this role, you will:
• Design and deliver internet scalable, flexible, and integrated set of solutions for our selling team. This includes both first-party (i.e., internally built systems on AWS) and third-party (i.e., Salesforce) solutions.
• Create and manage application stacks across several domains including telemetry, analytics, planning, and performance management.
• Develop tools to accelerate contracting, speed planning cycles and operations, correlate metrics and set meaningful targets.
• Work with a team of engineers and work closely with technical product/program managers to define, build, drive and measure mechanisms to give our field sales teams super powers.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong engineering, data storage/modeling, visualization, and front-end background, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and "so what" rather than just superficial trends.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 3+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
• Experience developing large-scale distributed systems that solve strategic business problems
• Technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
• Experience with Salesforce and/or other CRM related technologies
• Experience developing large-scale engineering projects, including using AWS technologies
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.