Software Development Engineer - Workforce Experience
- Seattle, WA
What are the kind of problems that get you out of bed in the morning? In Amazon People Technology, it's using modern technologies to solve complex human problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experiences that empower employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere.
The Workforce Evolution team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team in order to turn big ideas into practical solutions at scale. We provide current, former, or potential Amazonians with mobile experiences that allow them to manage their schedules, grow their careers, stay informed, and answer the question "What's next for me here at Amazon?" If you want interesting, unsolved problems that will take you beyond your current abilities then People Tech is the place for you.
In this Software Development Engineer role, you will help build multiple systems that power this vision and solve hard problems in handling massive and complex data, ensuring real time responses and clear and actionable visualization. As we mostly are building new software from scratch, you are expected to be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve. You are expected to create extensible designs and easy to maintain technical foundation with long-term vision in mind. We are not tied to one technology instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. If you have a track record of shipping multiple high scale solutions and are comfortable diving into ambiguous problem spaces in order to build high-quality production code that helps people, we'd love to talk.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience in professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms.
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience working with a modern front-end framework/library such as React, Angular, Vue, etc.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design complex solutions.
• Attention to details coupled with ability to think abstractly.
• Experience innovating software solutions with new technology.
• An appetite for learning.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top