Software Development Engineer – Wifi
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer - Wifi, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connecitivity platform for world class consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and enhance Wifi software for Amazon's consumer products;
- Optimize Wifi performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms;
- Engage with vendors to integrate Wifi chipset solutions;
- Collaborate with other software teams to design and deliver unique customer features on top of Wifi for next-gen Amazon products;
- Provide Amazon Customer Support technical assistance to trouble shoot customer issues;
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems
- Hands-on experience on IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols such as Wifi Direct, WMM, WPA, 802.11n/ac, and etc.
- Experience with Wifi development and debugging tools such as protocol analyzer
- Experience with Android and Linux development on kernel, device drivers, and frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Have prior experience with Wifi solutions from one or more major Wifi chipset vendors
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and etc.
- Knowledge with Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy protocols
- Masters degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top