Software Development Engineer - Web Services
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap & Amazon Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
• Responsible for developing cutting edge solutions
• Investigate, design, prototype and evaluate technical solutions.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Provide technical excellence
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience with Amazon AWS platform, cloud products and solutions.
• Experience designing and developing cloud software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces and micro services
• Operational experience and desire to own highly available critical cloud infrastructure.
• Solid s/w engineer & advance Java practitioner
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers and provide technical vision.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top