Software Development Engineer, VideoCentral
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? We have recently launched Prime Video Central, a new platform that enables content providers worldwide, from independent filmmakers to the largest studios, self-service tooling and automation to easily manage and make their content available to Amazon customers globally, including millions of Prime members. Video Central provides the key foundation for Prime Video strategy to truly scale content acquisition and ingestion globally. We are growing quickly and need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
Content partners on Prime Video vary from independent filmmakers to global major motion picture and TV studios who manage their deliveries, metadata, assets, and business performance with Video Central. The systems, applications, and APIs that support content providers operate at a large scale, must be highly available and work on increasingly diverse systems securely. We are looking for creative, deeply technical and hands-on Software Engineers to take the Video Central architectures and systems we are building to the next level. We have an ambitious charter, and on this team you will be able to get your hands on lots of technologies. We use AWS technologies for most of our stack, including data storage in S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS etc.
At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you will review it regularly to ensure you have the opportunities to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to learn new technologies, design systems that can scale and take on bigger problems, we will help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Demonstrated Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proven experience developing in at least one of the following Java, C/C++/C#, Python
• Ability and desire to work on a diverse team
• Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Product development experience in consumer-focused companies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience building a platform with many customers/clients contributing and enhancing the feature functionality.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top