Do you want to work on Video Advertising platforms developing products that delight your customers? Sounds great. Tell me more.
Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play within the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to Over-the-Top (OTT) and publishers are increasingly adding video content to their online experiences. Amazon's video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon's service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content, and associated inventory that position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. We are innovating at the intersection of advertising, e-commerce, and entertainment.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy thinking big and diving deep, who thrive on solving tough problems with elegant solutions, who aren't afraid to jump into new technologies when the old ones don't work. If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, this is it.
As a full stack engineer on the Video Demand team, you will work at all levels in the ad stack. You will design and build low-latency, highly-available video advertising services. You will build simple and elegant advertiser and publisher facing features, and implement the complex data systems behind them. Your services will span the internet from browser to back-end to big-data.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of talented engineers. We are looking for someone customer obsessed with a passion for advertising.
Video Demand is part of Amazon Advertising. Amazon Advertising has a top tier culture, with talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. As part of Amazon Advertising you will have significant impacts on Amazon's business, advertisers, and customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data-structures, and algorithms
• Experience developing distributed systems in a service oriented architecture.
• Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with Advertising, and Video Advertising in particular.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .