Software Development Engineer - Various Locations Event March 2021
- Munich, Germany
Join our remote hiring event in Europe taking place on March 23rd, 24th, 25th, 2021 for opportunities in our tech teams in EMEA: Madrid, Berlin, Luxembourg, Dublin and London. Amazon will provide relocation assistance. Come build the future with us.
Can you drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real world problems? Do you have a curious mind that applies concepts like machine learning, pattern matching and mathematical modelling to solve complex online business scenarios? Could you help to build the future of online Retail and enhance how Amazon do business as a key player in global e-commerce?
As a Software Development Engineer you will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. Taking pride in both the technical and business contribution of your work, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and our customers. You will design and implement new features and be part of a team that is building the future of online retail.
Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
• Develop detailed architecture and design for components and services
• Code, test, and deploy services
• Participate in and lead code & design reviews
• Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
• Work with peers in other Amazon Retail teams to build and scale services
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Outstanding problem-solving abilities
• A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
• Experience in any building software applications such as: Java, Python, C++, C#
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Business judgment and proven ability to influence others
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
• A Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
. Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++ , C# is a plus!
• Expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.
• Previous experience with retail systems - ordering, placement, etc. - is a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top