Software Development Engineer - UI, Search, Video and Mobile
Get broad experience in, and exposure to, many technologies and functional areas including: UI, search, video, mobile, platform technologies, and more as we create something new.
Why this job is an awesome opportunity
- Launch customer experience solutions that are unique to our increasingly diverse customer-base across multiple retail categories and geographies.
- Build from the ground up and develop technical solutions designed for the evolution and success of a true start up team at Amazon.
- Influence others as the engineering team lead and mentor to other SDEs, serve as a liaison with other technical teams across the company, while building technical skills.
What you'll work on
To achieve our mission of being earth's most customer-centric company and having earth's largest selection of products, we seek a customer base that reflects the diverse population. To that end, you will be responsible for dramatically changing the shopping and content experiences for retail categories relevant to diverse customers and various socioeconomic classes. You will lead the technical execution to launch our programs. You will work to improve the design of Detail Pages, Search, Video Content, Browse and other new platforms.
You will collaborate across multiple technical teams to build industry-leading solutions for features that can scale and support unique customer needs globally. You will engage with senior engineers across the company to build the new features and learn amazing new technologies.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has a real passion for meeting customer shopping behavior, a high standard for customer experience, an interest in learning new technologies, and a dream to create something new! To be successful, you will need to have a passion for developing customer-facing experiences, strong software design skills, excellent multi-tasking abilities, great communication skills, and demonstrated collaboration ability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, C#
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers; mobile experience is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- Understanding of distributed data storage and caching
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top