Software Development Engineer, Treasure Truck
- Seattle, WA
The Treasure Truck team is developing a unique customer experience with mobile Android and iOS apps, services, and vehicles. Using location, proximity, remote control, and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, our purpose in life is to delight customers.
We want incredible Software Development Engineers (SDEs) - like you - to join our team and help lead the innovation on this fun and fast-paced project. Our diverse platform means that you will have an opportunity to design, build, and deploy software for various mobile clients and backend systems that wind extensively throughout Amazon.
• Developing the software and technology that enables a stellar customer experience.
• Being a champion for the customer and ensuring their needs always come first.
• Designing and building software for mobile clients and server systems.
• Pointing to the Treasure Truck on the streets and bragging about your role in bringing it to customers.
You're an awesome fit if you demonstrate...
• Industry-leading technical abilities showcasing a breadth and depth of technical knowledge
• The ability to build good working relationships within the team by communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to seemingly impossible problems
• Effective technical leadership skills to improve technologies and infrastructure of the team.
We use agile development strategies and want SDE wizards who can thrive in a fast paced, high-energy work environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience delivering production systems
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including Object Oriented Design, data structures and algorithms
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience getting things done through collaboration with engineers on multiple teams.
• A demonstrated mindset of continuous improvement, applied to oneself and others.
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top