Software Development Engineer, Transportation Technology
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Freight (AF) is disrupting the multi-billion dollar trucking industry by building technical solutions that allow external customers to tap into the scale of Amazon's logistical network for their transportation needs.
Would you like to join the team that is building the Amazon Freight web experience for our shippers? We are the team that is integrating the functionality and information our customers need to use our services. We are customer obsessed and your efforts will be appreciated by our shippers.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the challenge of designing large scale systems that apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real-world problems interest you? To meet these challenges, the Amazon Freight Shipper Experience team is looking for passionate, talented, and inventive software engineers with a blend of technical, analytical, and design skills who will collaborate with other engineers, project managers, product managers, and cross-functional teams to help build out the next generation full stack solutions used by the Amazon Freight web application in North America and Europe.
We are seeking a seasoned engineer and technical leader with a strong track record of building successful products. The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving complex business and technical problems and architecting and implementing highly-available distributed web applications. You obsess about the customer experience and the needs of the business. Finally, you have a strong focus on operational excellence and take pride in building maintainable systems at scale.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Experience building and operating highly scalable web applications
• Experience building and operating highly available, 24x7 services
• Experience building and operating distributed systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top