Software Development Engineer, Transportation Technology
- Vancouver, Canada
Middle-Mile Transportation Technology team builds the underlying technology that powers Amazon's middle-mile network across the globe. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, shippers, owner operators and drivers worldwide.
In Middle-Mile Transportation Technology team we are continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver wider selection, on time performance, and at lower prices.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join our growing team in Vancouver that will be building technical solutions for Amazon Freight Exchange program.
We are seeking a seasoned engineer and technical leader with a strong track record of building successful products. The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving complex business and technical problems and architecting and implementing highly-available distributed web applications. You obsess about the customer experience and the needs of the business. Finally, you have a strong focus on operational excellence and take pride in building maintainable systems at scale.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Experience building and operating highly scalable web applications
• Experience building and operating highly available, 24x7 services
• Experience building and operating distributed systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top