Software Development Engineer, Transactions CX
You enjoy deep diving into data and building customer insights to power great customer features. You are not daunted by massive volumes of data or the many systems it flows through, and have the tenacity, passion and expertise to build an extensible analytic framework that will instrument the right level of data and help provide deep customer insights. You will work with other engineers on the Amazon Checkout/Cart("Transactions") team, Product Managers and also closely with Business Intelligence Engineers to build a powerful analytic platform for Amazon Transactions. You will research and apply AWS technologies as applicable to develop a scalable platform, as well as to develop tools for automated data analysis. You are experienced in constructing data pipelines, and you understand that creating the right data is vital to making the right decisions.
Your innovations will help derive clear customer behavior insights that will be applied for initiatives like better program and product upsell within Transactions and beyond. You are also familiar with distributed processing systems such as Hadoop and are keen to apply Machine Learning capabilities to ensure we are continually optimizing the customer experience based on our analytics. This role will have clear and sufficient opportunities to grow to more senior/lead SDE positions given the scale of technology required and possible business impact.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- · 7+ years professional experience in software development
- · Distributed systems
- · Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- · Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- · Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- · Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- · Understanding of Big Data techologies
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top