Software Development Engineer - Text-to-Speech
- Cork, Ireland
Amazon Development Center Poland is the place where we build the state-of-the-art Text-to-Speech system and cloud services Amazon Polly and Amazon Alexa. Our technology is available through Amazon Web Services and powers devices such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Fire Tablets, FireTV and Kindle. We innovate on behalf of our customers to
improve their experience.
This job provides an opportunity to work in close cooperation with teams like Amazon Lab126 (an inventive San Francisco Bay Area research and development team that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronic devices) and Amazon Kindle (a team delivering software solutions for Kindle Reader application and revolutionary e-ink reading device).
In our team you will work on Text-to-Speech technology that is available on millions of devices worldwide. We look for candidates that share our passion for innovation and want to contribute to complex and impactful projects.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field
• Multiple years of experience of hands-on software development
• Excellent programming skills in at least one modern programming language
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and problem solving)
• Proficiency using Object Oriented Design and common design pattern
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
• Experience with development for mobile platforms (Android/FireOS, ARM)
• Experience with CI/CD systems and build automation
• Knowledge and experience with various processes in the full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
• Personal interest in learning, researching and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
• Attention to details and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Professional communication skills and ability to contribute to team discussions
Back to top