Software Development Engineer - Test I (SDET1)
Consumer Payment Products is seeking an experienced Software Developer Engineer in Test I with coding experience in Java, C# or C++ to develop test automation for website UI and backend APIs, create and manage test plans, and execute manual and automated test suites.
This position requires proven skill in test development and methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of testing within a distributed software system as well as an end-to-end understanding of common QA tools and practices. We expect the ideal candidate to scope, design, implement, and maintain tests for new projects, and to work both independently as well as in collaboration with the development staff in an agile environment.
You have industry-leading technical abilities. You demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Coding proficiency in Java, C#, and/or C++
- Must have experience developing code for automated tests
- You have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- You have a basic understanding of operating system administration.
- You write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- You are a self-starter and are inclined to work independently or require only some guidance
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Software, Technology, Operations, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation; must involve supporting distributed software systems
- Strong development (SDE or SDE/T) background on projects on collaborative teams
- You show good judgment and instincts in decision-making opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top