Imagine being a part of a small, agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions within a matter of months. Picture working on cutting edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Prime Music, Music Unlimited.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, direction, and delivery. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us and make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Join Amazon Music Voice Automation Team in Bangalore, who are responsible for building frameworks, tools, infrastructure and tests for testing the end to end Voice experience of Amazon Music. Work on a complex ecosystem where the life cycle of a voice utterance needs to be tracked and validated across various components touching a wide range of technologies and teams, both within and outside Music.
You will be evaluating existing solutions within Amazon, compare the solutions with their pros and cons, and recommend a solution in terms of long term or short term strategy. You will design, implement and deploy these solutions, which tests mid-large scale features, individual components and services.
You will design modular framework components/systems, framework enhancements, within existing framework or design new frameworks altogether, if required. You are expected to use various design patterns and technologies to build solutions which are reliable, generic, extendible and reusable, across multiple locales, devices, features, teams etc.
You will be an independent contributor, who works with various stakeholders to improve overall quality of customer's E2E Voice experience, aligned with product launches of various Amz Music teams. SDET2's key focus is also to reduce manual/regression test execution, and improve test efficiency by creating automated solutions, related to Voice domain. You should identify and reduce defects early in the cycle, through building and driving adoption of framework and self-service tools for the Voice QA / Dev and business teams to reduce testing costs and manage future risks.
You will also evangelize and onboard various teams to the framework, by conducting multiple sessions to help them understand high level architecture of the F/W, mentoring and training teammates/stakeholders about the framework.
You will propose and utilize S/W Engineering best practices/processes to improve operational excellence, maintaining high coding standards, work in Away team model reviewing design and code for partner teams.
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience as Developer or SDET.
• Build scalable modules of automated test frameworks across latest technologies.
• Participate in design and code inspections.
• Exposure to API testing.
• Automate features, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures.
• Demonstrated experience in writing clean code quickly. Preferably Java coding.
• Strong analytical and problem solving, debugging skills.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing test automation tools and frameworks.
• Experience developing high quality test strategies and test automation.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Experience in Voice domain and device test automation using any equivalent tool/s is a plus.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform).
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Coding experience with automation framework, tools and services for mobile. Working Experience in API testing and Automation of the services.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
• Experience with string processing and speech processing is a plus.