Software Development Engineer – Test Automation Platform
Do you want to fundamentally improve the quality of software for your fellow software developers? The AWS Test Automation Platform space, part of the Release Automation Space, is looking for passionate software developers to transform the way AWS customers improve and write quality software. We develop frameworks and services that enable teams to improve the quality of their products through testing and feedback at every stage of the software lifecycle. We make best practices the path of least resistance, our tools are automated, intelligent and ubiquitous and wherever possible, we automatically perform actions on behalf of software engineers.
The Release Automation Space space owns the tools used by developers inside of Amazon, as well as a new set of development services available to all AWS customers. The AWS Code services were built from Amazon's own DevOps experience to help developers quickly and reliably deliver software updates. AWS CodeStar, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodePipeline, and AWS CodeDeploy are a set of pluggable developer tools that are designed to work together and integrate with other tools from start to finish. We are now filling out the suite of AWS Code products and we are looking for engineers that want to shape the developer experience from the ground up.
On this team you will play a role in the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of a new AWS product from the beginning to the end. The team is early in design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new AWS product from the start. You will:
- Work with internal and external developers as your core customers.
- Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for developer tools that operate in the cloud.
- Learn and use core AWS technologies to design and then build available and scalable backend web services and customer-facing APIs.
- Create from the ground up a new, world-class user experience using the latest in frontend UX platforms and technologies.
- Deeply understand and work with with a variety of developer tools across the spectrum of the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Knowledge of the latest UX frameworks and interest in user interface design
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top