Would you like to build testing frameworks and influence the most highly visible and persistent feature on Amazon websites and apps, impacting every customer who visits and supports many partners across the company? Would you like to build testing frameworks for low latency, highly resilient distributed systems at scale? Would you like to be a part of transforming the online shopping experience for hundreds of millions of customers across the world? If so, Navigation Experience (NavX) has an opportunity for you. Serving tens of thousands of transactions per second and billions of views per day, we have a large and visible footprint.
We are looking for skilled software engineers who are passionate about Quality. As a Software Development Engineer in Test on our team, you will be leading test automation and infrastructure development, and driving automated testing and best practice improvements across our stack (front-end to back-end), giving you an opportunity for broad learning and impact. You will be working directly with Developers, UX Designers, and Product Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our features and systems. You will advocate for our customers, provide comprehensive testing solutions, and play a key role creating successful and reliable products and platforms. You would play key role in enabling the rest of the team innovate fearlessly.
You would be joining the NavX team who is responsible for navigation across all devices on the Amazon retail website, including browsing destinations in Hamburger, shopping within Store Modes, finding account and personalized content in Me Tab, and discovering strategic programs easily in the Strategic Subnav and Discovery Bar. We are responsible for the navigation chrome on all rendering platforms, as well as the platform aspects of its flyouts and tool-tips. To support the builders across Amazon, we also own LinkTree to enable partners to specify navigation links and hierarchies through our experiences.
We are a highly diverse, intellectually curious team that loves to have fun and accomplish big things.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical design, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial. The candidate will mentor team members to promote engineering excellence and continually "look around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and improving the team's confidence in our software.
• 2+ years experience helping build production software systems
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a Bachelors or Masters of Science in CS or related field)
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
• Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks
• Demonstrated experience in an SDET role with strong knowledge of QA methodology, test strategy and test planning
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Passion for fostering excellence in customer facing features, and passion for finding ways to make development processes more efficient in order to deliver more value to customer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.