Software Development Engineer - Technical Risk Reduction
The Consumer Technical Risk Reduction (TRR) team seeks to continuously reduce the risks associated with the development operations required to build and run the technical systems that are critical to delivering the best online retail customer experience in the world - without interruption. We implement mechanisms and tools to detect and rapidly recover from shopping experience anomalies, and we drive teams to adopt practices for preventing incidents from occurring in the first place. The work we do influences the way that Consumer technical teams deliver results to customers. If you're interested in playing a high-visibility and high-impact role to help Amazon become recognized as the world leader in large-scale development operational excellence then TRR is the place for you.
TRR automatically detects, reduces, and will fix interrupted shopping experiences on the Amazon.com website worldwide. We build distributed, scalable systems to ingest billions of metrics each day to detect anomalous behavior within seconds. This information is used to diagnose complex events and improve time to resolution of these negative experiences. Our systems use Kafka, Hazelcast, and AWS technologies such as Lambda, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, S3, SNS, and SQS using primarily Java with an angular.js website.
We are looking for an engineer who will create clever solutions to help us get better at identifying anomalies, interpreting the root cause, creating mechanisms for smaller blast radius of events, and reducing both the frequency and duration of interruptions to the shopping experience. You will work closely with Machine Learning Scientists to analyze past events and develop deep learning algorithms to prevent future recurrence, building the next generation of self-healing systems.
This person will be a part of a diverse group of over a dozen engineers (and growing!). The systems this person will be designing and guiding will have a direct impact on improving the customer experience across all Amazon.com websites around the globe.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of work experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top