When you order items on Amazon, there are practically thousands of ways we can fulfill that order. Which Fulfillment Center do we ship the items from, what carriers to use, what boxes to combine items in - now scale the same question to every single order on Amazon worldwide. At Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT), we are tasked with optimizing the fulfillment on customer orders so that we fulfill all orders worldwide in the most intelligent manner while ensuring Amazon customers get their orders on time.
The Fulfillment Network Planning team owns and operates simulation systems that help continually optimize the distribution of tens of millions of products across Amazon's warehouses in the most cost-effective manner, utilizing large scale optimization techniques and distributed computing in trying to reduce overall transportation costs while improving the customer experience. We are focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using big data technologies, cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud that automates and optimizes inventory and shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
We seek a passionate, results-oriented and inventive person to be part of a team of software developers building software systems which use mathematical modeling, simulations and data analytics. Successful candidates are strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and have a consistent track record of delivery. You should build innovative software solutions while working with supply chain business partners in delivering a viable solution.
High level responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to
• Design, develop, test, troubleshoot, triage, debug, deploy, maintain, document and deliver large-scale, highly distributed, real-time systems that are core to effectively managing the supply chain business.
• Gather and analyze business and functional requirements, and translate business requirements into technical design specifications.
• Serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle.
• Report on status of projects and systems using available metrics.
• Recommend improvements in development, maintenance and system standards, and contribute to software documentation.
• Work in an agile development environment, where you are working on the most important stuff.
This position is based in Amazon's software development center in Austin, the live music capital of the world. Come enjoy the abundant sunshine, vibrant cultural scene and delicious barbecue in America's fastest growing, safest and youngest big city.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field with 7+ years professional experience in software development.
• Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as , , or .
• OO design skills with understanding of common design patterns.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Ability to write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects.
• Willingness to work in an agile, team development environment.
• Willingness to own full stack software and all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
• Ability to deal directly with customer/stakeholders.
• Experience in building highly available, large-scale and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Exposure to developing software in an agile development environment.
• Awareness of Big Data Technologies (Hive, Spark, MapReduce).
• Awareness of optimization techniques.