Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems: we decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon's business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. IPC fosters new game-changing ideas that we are continuously improving, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon. Unlike many companies who buy existing off-the-shelf planning systems, IPC is responsible for studying, designing, and building systems to suit Amazon's needs.
This position is in Buying team in New York City office that creates and develops innovative solutions for the most challenging use cases confronting IPC today. This team owns the systems which are critical for managing inventory in Amazon's network for retail customers to purchase on Amazon.com. These systems cover a broad range of solutions which includes front-ends, workflows, advanced mathematical models, data platform, Machine Learning built using latest technology frameworks and AWS. This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
To learn more, watch this amazing video about Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) at Amazon: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
You are Expected to
We're looking for an experienced, results-oriented Software Development Engineer capable of building scalable software solutions for Inventory buying systems for Amazon. The ideal candidate will work with other engineers, product managers and research scientists to build end to end solutions solving complex business problems at scales only available at Amazon. Here, you can take your skills to a new level as you work with the most cutting-edge technologies in order to deliver solutions that will positively impact all Amazon customers
If you're excited by cloud computing and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the computer science problems, then join us.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
- Working knowledge/experience with Relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience with high throughput, 24x7 systems
- Innovation and initiative to improve coding standards, test coverage, quality and automation
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.