Software Development Engineer, Speech and Language Technologies
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. The Alexa UnSpun team leverages natural language understanding, machine learning, and crowdsourcing, to enable Alexa to answer customer questions across an ever-broadening set of subjects. We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help us make Alexa more interesting and conversational.
UnSpun is highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of new features. You will also influence our overall strategy, contribute to system architecture, mentor and be mentored by other engineers, and help establish best practices that ensure a high quality product.
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of software design principles, a demonstrated track record of delivering new features and products, and passion for innovating on behalf of customers. . They don't need to have expertise in natural language understanding or machine learning but should have curiosity about it They value collaboration, data-driven decision making, learning, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
- 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- Bachelors Degree in CS or related field, or equivalent experience
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- An understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience working with one or more of the following: AI, ML, NLG, Crowdsourcing, Mobile app development
- Experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top