Software Development Engineer, Speech and Language Technologies
The Alexa Language Understanding team is a group of scientists and developers working on spoken language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in natural language understanding (NLU) in order to provide a natural, conversational, experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Programming in OO languages for Linux and/or Windows environments.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience building natural language understanding or natural language processing systems at scale.
- Strong Java experience
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top