Are you excited about solving complex everyday problems through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are using the IoT (Internet of Things) to transform and disrupt an entire industry?
If this sounds intriguing, come and join the Smart Station team to help transform the delivery experience for customers with unprecedented quality, efficiency and scale. Each time an Amazon package is delivered, technology our technology is at work making that happen. Today, our solutions support Amazon global business initiatives including Amazon Logistics, Amazon Flex, Amazon Lockers, etc., and its scope is expanding every day.
Our team is actively seeking motivated and multi-talented engineers who are passionate about technological and business innovation. You will lead and grow a talented team of engineers who develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies from IoT, wireless, machine learning, and cloud computing into pragmatic solutions for package transportation, logistics, and delivery. Our team covers a broad swath of software development that spans device BSP, firmware, device drivers, embedded software, real-time systems, wireless/wired networking, smart phone app development, distributed backend systems, and web services.
Successful candidates will embody the entrepreneurial spirit, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to tackle problems that span real-time, embedded, and distributed systems. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before - anywhere. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun, and drive a positive impact on millions of customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of experience in embedded, mobile, wearable, or distributed systems development
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
• Experience with IoT applications and/or solutions that span the hardware/software boundary
• Production smartphone app development in Android or iOS
• Experience in developing backend services using AWS technologies
• Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods for product development
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of full software development life cycle
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us