Software Development Engineer - Silicon Optimization
As a member of the AWS Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you'll be responsible for the design and optimization of integrated hardware and software solutions and technologies in our data centers. You'll develop software technologies in the application of new technologies to large scale server, network, and storage deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
As a software engineer in the AWS Silicon Optimization team, you will work on projects across a range of technologies that including development of high-scale AWS distributed service development (such as the EC2 F1 FPGA Instance), to developing middleware that provides SDKs for other AWS service developers to leverage custom hardware designs. You will also work with a range of compute, storage, networking and acceleration technologies.
▪ Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
▪ Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
▪ Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
▪ High degree of proficiency in OO development in Java, with capability in C or C++
▪ Proficiency in one or more modern scripting languages like Python
▪ Proficiency as a Linux user and software developer
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills
▪ Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
▪ Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
▪ Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
▪ Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing scalable, highly-available software technologies using AWS or other cloud-based technologies.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience in application performance analysis and optimization.
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
- Domain experience in an area related to high-scale data center technologies such as compute, storage, networking, or accelerators.
- Experience with Git source control
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top