The Secure Ingress and Egress Team (SIEGE) owns and operates the first line of defense for Amazon's confidential customer data. We build the tools and applications that allow Earth's most customer-centric company to protect our most valuable asset - customer trust.
If you can think like a black-hat in the morning and outsmart attackers in the afternoon, get in touch. You will work with real time encryption algorithms, service-oriented architecture security, cryptographic systems and high performance computing. We build security systems that bridge proxy layers, rendering applications and back-end service chains; our products impact company-wide architectures.
The team is looking for innovative, brilliant and enthusiastic software development engineers who can define, design, build and operate the software that protects our customer's data.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 1+ year relevant work experience;
• Deep understanding / hands-on experience with object-oriented design;
• Deep understanding / hands-on experience with data structures;
• Deep understanding / hands-on experience with algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis;
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
• Exposure to agile software development methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills on all levels (management, customers, peers, etc.)
• Have previous experience in gathering business information and transform it in technical requirements.
• Experience with secure systems and architecting applications that deal with sensitive information.
• Experience with crypto systems