Software Development Engineer, Selling Partner Recruitment and Development
- Seattle, WA
We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to join us on our mission to recruit all the sellers in the world to start selling on Amazon, while empowering them to grow their business and provide a great customer experience. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com and empowers millions of entrepreneurs (whom we refer to as selling partners) WW. To drive this unprecedented scale, our entrepreneurial team of sales reps, account managers, product managers, data scientists, and software engineers continuously invent new ways to scale and raise the bar for our selling partners through automation.
As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the team to help solve business problems.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
• Write high quality distributed system software.
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field;
• 2+ years of experience in the job offered or as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation;
• At least 1 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#.net, Scala, Go, and Object Oriented Design.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Excellent skills in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Full stack
• 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer or related role.
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
• Work well in teams and respect and welcome ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
• Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
• Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
• Maniacal Customer Obsession
Back to top