Software Development Engineer, Search Capacity
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused product search solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, our systems go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant, distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
As an SDE in the Search Capacity team, you will:
• Use big data techniques to process large volumes of log data to predict the impact of current and planned features on utilization of Amazon Search's computational resources.
• Enhance statistical models to detect anomalies (e.g., robots) in Amazon Search traffic and/or the computational effort required to process queries.
• Identify and pursue opportunities for improving efficiency in our Search engine to optimize the hardware spend.
• Extend Search Capacity's central data repository to accommodate new types of data.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Masters Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, or Elastic MapReduce).
• Experience with large-scale distributed systems, preferably in a cloud environment like AWS, with exposure to EC2, S3, Lambda, and Redshift.
• Knowledge of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecture, and object-oriented design).
Back to top