Software Development Engineer - SDN Networking Application
- Cupertino, CA
What do we do here? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the largest networks in the world. We are putting services and algorithms in place to control the traffic flow across the different fabrics of the Amazon network, taking the static and real-time network state into account.
Why do we do that? In Amazon, we obsess with customers not being impacted. By responding fast to network changes like scaling, maintenance, failure and other types of events, we lower the cost and overhead for customers, while driving up performance, availability and reliability.
Why now? As we expand the reach of our algorithms, we need to scale and grow our team. We are looking for talented software engineer that want to get hands on experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) controllers, hyper scale data center networks, cloud infrastructure, large-scale software deployments and algorithms.
How do we operate in our team? We empower our software engineers to take ownership of their realm and make a difference. They start by gathering requirements, diving deep to choose technologies, designing features and spinning new services, coding and reviewing, deploying software across the globe and maintaining services. In AWS, we are nimble and agile, like being part of a startup, innovating while collaborating with smart group of people around you. We are thrilled about software and we are changing the landscape of networking. We operate on an unimaginable scale. We push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
What will you be doing here?
• Designing and developing network control plane off-box application software for highly scaled networks using SDN and traditional routing solutions.
• Working with management, customers and development team to develop state of the art solutions, incorporating new technologies and algorithms and innovations.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• A solid understanding of distributed algorithms, SOA, enterprise-wide systems and asynchronous messaging.
• Experience in scaling, performance and efficiency issues.
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top