Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? What would you do if you had access to the world's largest product catalog with billions of products, offers, images, reviews, searches, and much more? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you! The Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) division is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDE), if you want to be a part of building the systems and software that power Earth's largest e-commerce catalog? Our organization develops the algorithms, systems, and tools to ensure safety of the selection and maximize their impact on the Amazon top-line - all the while continuously growing the selection. The Selection & Selection Systems team is responsible for designing and developing the tools, systems, and services that help ensure that Amazon has a profitable and rapidly expanding assortment for our customers.
We're looking for a software engineers who have strong technical design skills and are able to drive technical design of broad efforts that have high impact and visibility. This role has a number of opportunities for cross-boundary ownership and require cross-organizational technical leadership skills to create seamless technical designs and solutions that reliably work end-to-end. This role will serve as a great springboard for your career.
This is a dream opportunity for engineers who want to create reliable and scalable solutions that enable Amazon to create the largest and best possible selection for our customers. Come and help make history as we take e-Commerce to the 5 billion people on earth who do not have it today while having fun and learning a lot on the way!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with large scale, end-to-end systems design.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting on Perl/Ruby.
• Experience in Ruby on Rails, Google Django and relational database or Cloud storage services.
• Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, DOJO etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.